Enjoy this MASSIVE bundle of beautifully designed materials that will take your class through Harper Lee’s classic American novel, To Kill a Mockingbird. Everything you’ll need is here; just add a class set of To Kill a Mockingbird novels, a classroom with internet access, and you’re good to go.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle)
• Suggested procedure for how to address the novel's use of the n-word
• A research organizer to guide students as they conduct their own author biography research about Harper Lee, her literary works, and her life (Printable PDF and Google Drive version)
• A dynamic lecture to introduce important character, historical, and theme elements of To Kill a Mockingbird; includes quickwrite topic/discussion starter (Prezi Next and Google Slides versions)
• One-Question Quizzers for To Kill a Mockingbird to hold students accountable for nightly reading assignments. A quick and easy way for you to tell who is (or isn’t) completing nightly reading.
• Study guide/homework/group discussion questions for all 31 chapters of To Kill a Mockingbird with detailed answer keys (Printable PDF and Google Drive version)
• Close reading worksheets featuring slices of text from ch. 2, ch. 9, ch. 15, and ch. 23; these four separate lessons come with detailed examples of completed worksheets to serve as models of proper annotation and discussion starters.
• Cross-curricular lesson using math and problem-solving skills in the Day in the Life of the Working Poor activity.
• Character Cell Phone activity that encourages students to use today’s popular technology as a characterization tool. (Printable PDF and Google Drive version)
• Word! Worksheet, a vocabulary-building activity that can work with any chapter in this novel or any piece of text you use in any of your classes. A universal vocabulary-building tool. (Printable PDF and Google Drive version)
• A Police Report writing and sketch activity to reinforce real-world language skills. This worksheet can be reused with many other short stories, plays, and novels. (Printable PDF and Google Drive version)
• Non-fiction reading and writing activity connecting the real-life case of the Scottsboro Boys to Tom Robinson
• Creative writing Blackout Poetry lesson (Prezi Next and Google Slides versions)
• Timeline Review Game/Worksheet charting 22 events in the novel along a 1933-1935 timeline
• Flyswatter Review Game; lots of loud and active fun with this review game featuring 45 character, plot, and quote identification questions
• 50-question end-of-unit exam (character matching, true/false, and quote identification) with answer key
• Essay topic sheet featuring five options that will all require mastery of text, research of real-life connections, and depth of thought in students’ analysis
A total of 89 PDF pages and 40 slides of rich content! Tons of material to keep your students entertained and enriched.
Note: Most of these items (the author biography research organizer, the novel’s intro. lecture, the one-question quizzers, the study guide/homework/group discussion questions, the close readings, cross-curricular Day in the Life of Working Poor math lesson, the Character Cell Phone worksheet, Police Report worksheet, Word! vocabulary builder, non-fiction Scottsboro Boys lesson, Blackout Poetry, and Timeline review game/worksheet) are sold separately at my store, but you’ll SAVE 24% by buying this budget-priced collection of complete materials. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this cost-saving bundle. The other items (the calendar, flyswatter review game, 50-question exam, and essay topics) are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle.
NOTE: This item is included in my English 9-10 full-year curriculum. If you already own the full-year download, please do not purchase this item here individually. If you’d like to receive this item plus everything else needed to teach 180 days of English 9 or English 10 at a deeply discounted price, click here to learn more about the full-year curriculum download.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cover image credit: Pixabay, Public domain